the case study in a nutshell
Travel & travel accessories
We tell you a story
To design, validate and formalize a methodology in the Barcelona plant expandable to the whole EMEA region, with the following goals:
- develop an earmolds integrated EMEA supply chain, capable of up to 600k earmolds per year;
- reduce cost by 4.6 mEUR per year by improving sourcing and production effectiveness and efficiency, lowering the per full industrial cost from 13.9 to 10 EUR/unit;
- maintain/improve current Service Level
We have developed from scratch a Digital Twin in order to:
- simulate all possible future scenarios, obtaining precise calculation of lead times, service levels and saturations;
- validate the re-layout/material flow hypothesis before any intervention;
- find the optimal configuration in terms of allocated FTEs and shifts for any possible demand which yield maximal throughput.
We have also designed an OCR-based real-time digital traceability and jobs scheduling system, integrated with the existing ERP, for guaranteeing the optimal scenario in case of unpredictable demand and jobs priorities.
Recent COVID-19 pandemic has impacted heavily the client business with a severe sales decrease. One of the key element to quickly react was the inventory visibility and management. In particular
- Data gathering and visualisation were time consuming
- Little time was left for data analysis and decision making
- There was no link between inventory data and demand
We developed a customised solution to easily visualise and optimise inventory. Multiple Inventory data from multiple data sources were consolidated into one single Inventory Data repository. Among the solution features we have:
- Pre-defined, custom reporting views
- Established daily automatic feeding of data from all inventory data sources
- Designed and implemented an advanced “inventory rebalancing” algorithm to identify inventory amounts for possible relocation vs new supply
The solution was delivered in just 3 weeks from project launch, this allowed the client to quickly react and mitigate the effects of the current situation.