the case study in a nutshell
Food & Beverage
We tell you a story
To design, validate and formalize a methodology in the Barcelona plant expandable to the whole EMEA region, with the following goals:
- develop an earmolds integrated EMEA supply chain, capable of up to 600k earmolds per year;
- reduce cost by 4.6 mEUR per year by improving sourcing and production effectiveness and efficiency, lowering the per full industrial cost from 13.9 to 10 EUR/unit;
- maintain/improve current Service Level
We have developed from scratch a Digital Twin in order to:
- simulate all possible future scenarios, obtaining precise calculation of lead times, service levels and saturations;
- validate the re-layout/material flow hypothesis before any intervention;
- find the optimal configuration in terms of allocated FTEs and shifts for any possible demand which yield maximal throughput.
We have also designed an OCR-based real-time digital traceability and jobs scheduling system, integrated with the existing ERP, for guaranteeing the optimal scenario in case of unpredictable demand and jobs priorities.
A multinational manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion revenue and multiple plants located globally.
The client needed a way to provide clear visibility and understanding of operational losses, their drivers and impacts. In particular
- To facilitate the computation of losses by assessing different elements such as: management, energy, material, labor, etc.
- To enable moving away from brainstorming improvement ideas to openly and systematically working to identify opportunities
- To highlight priority areas so the site can plan resources and execute loss optimisation/elimination activities for what matters most, now and few years ahead
We have designed and developed a web-based tool, tailored to the client's P&L structure and loss tree elements
- We have Delivered a simple and transparent way to show how losses are linked to costs, and identify improvement areas and activities of focus
- We gave the client support all the way to have one single tool ready to be used across all the segments and plants
- Such solution was developed ready for AI/ML and automatic data ingestion