the case study in a nutshell
Enterprise Data Platform
This client is a leading global logistics service provider, who is facing the challenge of a silos organisation with different sites behaving differently, not sharing data and intelligence. This leads to a sub-optimal operations results that could instead benefit from coherent and unified running. We took the client through building the Enterprise Data Platform that would best fit their structure and need, in order to achieve the One Source of Truth data-set, the basis to develop and exploit common intelligence.
A clear view on which technological blocks are needed for the EDP
Data governance clearly defined at regional and global level.
A plan to reach the same level of digital maturity in all countries.
A future-proof data architecture to leverage ML/AI solutions.
We tell you a story
Amplifon S.p.A. is an Italian company that deals with the design, application and marketing of hearing aids. It is present in 29 countries and on all 5 continents, with more than 11,000 points of sale and around 16,000 employees and collaborators, and a turnover of 1.4 billion Euros. With the acquisition of GAES plant (Barcelona, Spain) in 2018, - has consolidated its worldwide leadership reaching a global market share of 11% of the retail hearing care market.
To design, validate and formalize a methodology in the Barcelona plant expandable to the whole EMEA region, with the following goals:
- develop an earmolds integrated EMEA supply chain, capable of up to 600k earmolds per year;
- reduce cost by 4.6 mEUR per year by improving sourcing and production effectiveness and efficiency, lowering the per full industrial cost from 13.9 to 10 EUR/unit;
- maintain/improve current Service Level
We have developed from scratch a Digital Twin in order to:
- simulate all possible future scenarios, obtaining precise calculation of lead times, service levels and saturations;
- validate the re-layout/material flow hypothesis before any intervention;
- find the optimal configuration in terms of allocated FTEs and shifts for any possible demand which yield maximal throughput.
We have also designed an OCR-based real-time digital traceability and jobs scheduling system, integrated with the existing ERP, for guaranteeing the optimal scenario in case of unpredictable demand and jobs priorities.
Leading global logistics service provider having business sites at 750 locations worldwide, employs 33,000 people and has an annual turnover of EUR 5.5B.
- Countries are operating in siloed environments and present very different levels of digital maturity and skillsets.
- The client wants to establish a common set of data tools across countries and reach the same level of maturity as one team.
- They are looking for a unified data platform that can simplify data extraction and be used to leverage cross-country data and advanced analytics capabilities.
- Understand the current skills and gaps, technologies used, reporting needs and data sources, through dedicated interviews and questionnaires.
- Provide a shortlist of candidate solutions to build a cloud-based Enterprise Data Platform which covers all regional and global corporate needs.
- Share a data governance structure and an implementation roadmap.
- Support the client to implement the EDP for a few selected use cases.