the case study in a nutshell
Enterprise Data Platform
We tell you a story
To design, validate and formalize a methodology in the Barcelona plant expandable to the whole EMEA region, with the following goals:
- develop an earmolds integrated EMEA supply chain, capable of up to 600k earmolds per year;
- reduce cost by 4.6 mEUR per year by improving sourcing and production effectiveness and efficiency, lowering the per full industrial cost from 13.9 to 10 EUR/unit;
- maintain/improve current Service Level
We have developed from scratch a Digital Twin in order to:
- simulate all possible future scenarios, obtaining precise calculation of lead times, service levels and saturations;
- validate the re-layout/material flow hypothesis before any intervention;
- find the optimal configuration in terms of allocated FTEs and shifts for any possible demand which yield maximal throughput.
We have also designed an OCR-based real-time digital traceability and jobs scheduling system, integrated with the existing ERP, for guaranteeing the optimal scenario in case of unpredictable demand and jobs priorities.
- Countries are operating in siloed environments and present very different levels of digital maturity and skillsets.
- The client wants to establish a common set of data tools across countries and reach the same level of maturity as one team.
- They are looking for a unified data platform that can simplify data extraction and be used to leverage cross-country data and advanced analytics capabilities.
- Understand the current skills and gaps, technologies used, reporting needs and data sources, through dedicated interviews and questionnaires.
- Provide a shortlist of candidate solutions to build a cloud-based Enterprise Data Platform which covers all regional and global corporate needs.
- Share a data governance structure and an implementation roadmap.
- Support the client to implement the EDP for a few selected use cases.