the case study in a nutshell
This client is a top biopharmaceutical group who is experiencing low service level and consequent loss of sales opportunity. We run a process and digital assessment from which we highlighted the key contributor to the current scenario and agreed the tactical actions to do be taken. Among others, we developed a digital Control Tower as enabler for running a smooth operation process.
Established One Source of Truth and gained real-time visibility across full Supply Chain
Service performance increased from mid 70ies to high 90ies
Real time visibility across the end2end Supply Chain
From reactive to predictive behavior and actions taking
We tell you a story
Amplifon S.p.A. is an Italian company that deals with the design, application and marketing of hearing aids. It is present in 29 countries and on all 5 continents, with more than 11,000 points of sale and around 16,000 employees and collaborators, and a turnover of 1.4 billion Euros. With the acquisition of GAES plant (Barcelona, Spain) in 2018, - has consolidated its worldwide leadership reaching a global market share of 11% of the retail hearing care market.
To design, validate and formalize a methodology in the Barcelona plant expandable to the whole EMEA region, with the following goals:
- develop an earmolds integrated EMEA supply chain, capable of up to 600k earmolds per year;
- reduce cost by 4.6 mEUR per year by improving sourcing and production effectiveness and efficiency, lowering the per full industrial cost from 13.9 to 10 EUR/unit;
- maintain/improve current Service Level
We have developed from scratch a Digital Twin in order to:
- simulate all possible future scenarios, obtaining precise calculation of lead times, service levels and saturations;
- validate the re-layout/material flow hypothesis before any intervention;
- find the optimal configuration in terms of allocated FTEs and shifts for any possible demand which yield maximal throughput.
We have also designed an OCR-based real-time digital traceability and jobs scheduling system, integrated with the existing ERP, for guaranteeing the optimal scenario in case of unpredictable demand and jobs priorities.
This client is a research-driven, biopharmaceutical group committed to helping people, build healthy families and live better lives, with 10 plants and 3B$ revenue
The client experienced severe service level decrease in the latest two years leading to missed sales. The Value chain is highly fragmented and Supply Chain Management look not fully in control of the E2E chain, due to limited cross-functional processes and inadequate KPIs. The client seeking to improve customer service and revenues
We run a digital and process assessment on site spanning across 5 key areas, following a structured root cause analysis approach. Subsequently we went on
- redefining control meetings governance
- implementing a significant data integration intervention achieving the One Source of Truth for the end2end Supply Chain
- Designing a tailor-made Control Tower, integrated with existing ERP systems and augmented with a virtual coach functionality.