the case study in a nutshell
Digital Production Planning
The new scheduling tool achieves +5% equipment utilization and +8% service level on an average plan
AI-scheduling allows to reduce by -90% the time spent on manual planning operations
Optimized plans can reduce stock utilization by 5% possibly saving >1M€ each year.
We tell you a story
To design, validate and formalize a methodology in the Barcelona plant expandable to the whole EMEA region, with the following goals:
- develop an earmolds integrated EMEA supply chain, capable of up to 600k earmolds per year;
- reduce cost by 4.6 mEUR per year by improving sourcing and production effectiveness and efficiency, lowering the per full industrial cost from 13.9 to 10 EUR/unit;
- maintain/improve current Service Level
We have developed from scratch a Digital Twin in order to:
- simulate all possible future scenarios, obtaining precise calculation of lead times, service levels and saturations;
- validate the re-layout/material flow hypothesis before any intervention;
- find the optimal configuration in terms of allocated FTEs and shifts for any possible demand which yield maximal throughput.
We have also designed an OCR-based real-time digital traceability and jobs scheduling system, integrated with the existing ERP, for guaranteeing the optimal scenario in case of unpredictable demand and jobs priorities.
A leading API manufacturer based in Italy. Its therapeutic classes are for anticancer treatments, steroids, psychotropics and non-beta lactam antibiotics, as well as for veterinary use.
- Equipment saturation and service level is unsatisfactory due to very complex production environment and huge number of constraints.
- Planning & scheduling scheduling is still performed manually and is not properly supported by existing tools.
- Master data accuracy and completeness is insufficient.
- Performed an in-depth analysis of the production planning processes and highlighted the main gaps in the process
- Designed and implemented a completely new AI-based digital tool for production planning to fully replace manual planning
- Planned an action roadmap to improve overall data quality and management