the case study in a nutshell
Food & Beverage
This client is a global, multi billion F&B organisation, wanting to invest into data mining digital technology. Early decisions can be the most crucial parts of digital investment. For this reason we took the executive team toward a focussed session to equip them with the experience necessary to articulate the use of Artificial Intelligence to improve specific scenarios. This allowed them to approach this technology the right way, take the right decisions with a low risk return.
Articulate AI / digital strategy for Global Ops
Ideas generation to solve real relevant challenges with business cases
High-Tech remote team building experience
We tell you a story
To design, validate and formalize a methodology in the Barcelona plant expandable to the whole EMEA region, with the following goals:
- develop an earmolds integrated EMEA supply chain, capable of up to 600k earmolds per year;
- reduce cost by 4.6 mEUR per year by improving sourcing and production effectiveness and efficiency, lowering the per full industrial cost from 13.9 to 10 EUR/unit;
- maintain/improve current Service Level
We have developed from scratch a Digital Twin in order to:
- simulate all possible future scenarios, obtaining precise calculation of lead times, service levels and saturations;
- validate the re-layout/material flow hypothesis before any intervention;
- find the optimal configuration in terms of allocated FTEs and shifts for any possible demand which yield maximal throughput.
We have also designed an OCR-based real-time digital traceability and jobs scheduling system, integrated with the existing ERP, for guaranteeing the optimal scenario in case of unpredictable demand and jobs priorities.
- Investment in data science / AI driven systems can be very high in terms of time and resources to be dedicated
- It is difficult sometimes to understand which challenges can be solved effectively with a which digital technology
- The client wants to leverage AI within ops to improve product quality and run process what if scenarios, but is not sure which where to start and how to evaluate a business case.
- We held few sessions to understand the client’s needs, and came up with a customized learning experience that would touch those tech elements and industrial use cases that could better stimulate the client interest
- We run for the team a tailored version of the 1 day academy module called Intro to AI for Operations, designed to be run completely by remote
- This fits very well the client need because in1 day it condenses all the basic technical aspects of AI, the evaluation of the client challenges exploring other companies use cases and the possibility of having an investment-oriented conversation within the team, facilitated by AI and digital experts.