the case study in a nutshell
We tell you a story
To design, validate and formalize a methodology in the Barcelona plant expandable to the whole EMEA region, with the following goals:
- develop an earmolds integrated EMEA supply chain, capable of up to 600k earmolds per year;
- reduce cost by 4.6 mEUR per year by improving sourcing and production effectiveness and efficiency, lowering the per full industrial cost from 13.9 to 10 EUR/unit;
- maintain/improve current Service Level
We have developed from scratch a Digital Twin in order to:
- simulate all possible future scenarios, obtaining precise calculation of lead times, service levels and saturations;
- validate the re-layout/material flow hypothesis before any intervention;
- find the optimal configuration in terms of allocated FTEs and shifts for any possible demand which yield maximal throughput.
We have also designed an OCR-based real-time digital traceability and jobs scheduling system, integrated with the existing ERP, for guaranteeing the optimal scenario in case of unpredictable demand and jobs priorities.
- Customer is facing significant service issues
- Implement a new Demand Planning system as part of the transition from S&OP to IBP
- Select right off-shelf Demand Planning tool with pros and cons vs identified business needs and with figure of merit.
- Assessed capabilities in terms of Process, Human Dynamics and Digital/Technology
- Identified best fit tools vs Client’s needs, expectations and capabilities,
- Supported implementation of new tool taking in account and managing also Process and Human Dynamics aspects,
- Maximized value of chosen tools and designed digital enhancements customized on Client’s needs, i.e. designing optimization algorithm, promotions handling, new product implementation.